Volunteer opportunities arise from time to time. There are no active opportunities at this time. Please check back at a later date.
Alternatively, if you would like to be contacted about future opportunities, we can add you to our volunteer register. Please send an email to email@example.com briefly outlining your areas of interest, and any qualifications or specialist skills you may have.
Donations Sought (for specific items)
From time to time, Beryl also seeks donations for specific items which can assist us to continue to deliver our vital work.
We are not seeking donations for any specific items at this time. Unfortunately, due to storage restrictions, we are unable to take donations all year round. Please check back at a later date.
If you have an item/s which you think may be useful for our staff, or to the women and children we support, please contact us with the details.
Fundraising for Beryl
Fundraising is a rewarding way to make a real difference to the lives of women and children escaping domestic violence in Canberra. Anyone can do it, and it is easy to work around your timetable and to align with your interests and hobbies.
One of the best ways to get involved with and support the important work of Beryl is to host an event at your workplace, school, social club or individually. You may wish to run a raffle, host a trivia night, organise a team to compete in a fun run, or donate a percentage of proceeds from a creative endeavour. If you have an idea for how you can raise money, we would love to hear from you. Whether small or large, all donations have a positive impact for Beryl’s work:
• $20 - may buy one meal for a small family
• $30 - may cover costs of a taxi to family court
• $150 - may cover the cost of one night in a hotel
• $300 - could help pay for a removalist
• $500 - could help set up a family in a new home
• $1,000 - can help run children's support sessions (such as art therapy, or other safe space activities) for children escaping violence
• $5,000 - could fund the printing of information booklets and flyers to provide advice to thousands of women on how to recognise and escape violence
• $10,000 - could support the wages of additional relief workers to be on-call to help with the extra demand during peak hours, like Christmas time or Grand Final Day.
• $20,000 - could contribute to the salary of a specialist case worker to help women and children seek the support they need.
• $500,000 - could fund the purchase of a new property to be established as a refuge/crisis accommodation for a family in need.
If you want to get involved, but need a bit of extra support to get started, please contact us and we will provide you with fundraising ideas, resources and support to help you organise your fundraising activity or event.
Events are a great way to raise money, but is also important to raise awareness. If you have an event coming up, or would like information about how you can be a more active advocate for women’s issues, we would also like to hear from you. As a first step, feel free to follow up on Facebook! For more information, or to register your event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Beryl works on Ngunnawal Land